Finally RasPlex for Raspberry Pi 2!
We’re pretty sure you’ll agree it was worth the wait.
This is the first release of RasPlex for the RPi2 and you can expect GREAT things to come.
Here are our notable changes:
- Please ensure you are using the latest updated installer
- Same codebase as 0.5.0 with some patches to fix common issues
- Huge update to linux kernel and drivers
- Raspberry Pi 2 support
- Ensure you are using the updated installer
- Menu sounds are now finally supported
- AVIO disabled by default as it was causing transcoding issues
- Fix for Motorola NYX remote to keep from flipping
- Updated linux kernel to 3.18.6
- Support for device trees, including hifiberry (you need to add dtoverlay=hifiberry to the config.txt file)
- Support for several new wireless cards
To Kwiboo for his patches and OpenELEC work, and to LongChair for his leadership on this release and his awesome speed improvements, and to our Beta team for helping us test this release and come up with better processing for releasing stable code more often.
As always, report any bugs as according to tiny.cc/rasplex-bugs. You can get the image from our RasPlex installer: https://github.com/RasPlex/rasplex-installer/releases or autoupdate to it.
Release is hosted at: https://github.com/RasPlex/RasPlex/releases